Health & Physical Education Department
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Articulate movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participate regularly in physical activity.
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in activity settings.
- Identify the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
- Articulate the methods needed to measure body composition, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, muscular endurance and strength.
Exhibit skill-related components such as agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time and speed.
- Identify the adjustments needed to make to compensate for differences in individual abilities.
Fitness for Life