The purpose of SVHS Student Council is to provide a governmental structure in which students participate to better their school.
Mr. John McLain
Student Body/Student Council Officers
STUCO President: Lauren Carron
STUCPO Vice-President: Faith Kapp
STUCO Secretary: Caroline Lundy
STUCO Treasurer: Sam Baer
Senior Class Officers
Senior Class President: Payton Triller
Senior Class Vice-President: Jamie Best
Senior Class Secretary: Madison Mingione
Senior Class Treasurer: Alayna Layton
Junior Class Representatives
Corin Carroll, Holden Franklin, Andrew Lipe, and Jenna Winkler
Sophomore Class Representatives
Joseph Baer, Isaac Ernst, Megan Hennemann, and Molly Myers
Freshman Class Representatives
Garret Dobbelare, Isaac Layton, Megan Lipe, and Macy Pruett
Student Council Leadership Requirements
Students who are considering running for an office or class representative in STUCO needs to:
A. Student Council needs to:
- Have enough free time to devote to working hard to make Student Council a success.
- Want to work with other officers and representatives in leading the Student Council.
- Have no less than a cumulative C+ average in the 3rd quarter.
- Be able to meet with STUCO Moderator 3-4 times during August before school starts.
- Have no discipline referrals and be in good academic standing.
- Will have student discipline / academic files reviewed in the HS office;
B. Only juniors may run for an STUCO office. Those wishing to run for an office nominate
themselves by signing up with the Student Council moderator. Grades nine through
eleven will vote in the General 45 Election after hearing each candidate make a speech
at an all school assembly.
C. Senior Class Officers
- Seniors will be the only class that has class officers.
- All Senior class officers will be a part of STUCO and expect to follow all rules.
- Senior class officers are responsible for but not limited to: Homecoming activities, planning class reunions after graduation and all STUCO activities.
D. Freshman, Sophomore and Junior Class Representative
- Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors will have 4 class representatives for each class.
- These representatives will represent their class to the best of their abilities.
- All representatives will be a part of STUCO and expect to follow all rules.
E. STUCO members with excessive tardies or discipline referrals can be asked to resign
their position in STUCO.
F. STUCO member must exhibit appropriate behaviors in the classroom and at school.
Every Wednesday and Thursday during club meeting time, study hall, and other times as necessary
2016 Homecoming T-shirt Sale
2016 Homecoming Game t-shirts are now available for order. The T-shirt design and order form is attached below. All orders and payment need to be made by Friday, September 16. Shirts will be delivered to the student body on Tuesday, October 4. Click below for more information and to download the order form. We would like to thank all of the student's who participated in the t-shirt design contest and congratulate the winner senior, Lauren Carron.
2016 Homecoming T-Shirt Announcement
2016 Homecoming Shirt Order Form
Homecoming Week: October 3-October 8
Homecoming is a busy week for STUCO. Thursday we have our Bonfire put on by the seniors and after the Bonfire is lit we move over to the football field where each class does a skit. The skits are organized by the STUCO members of that class. On Saturday, STUCO host the Homecoming dance for the entire school from 7:00-10:30 p.m. in the high school gymnasium. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and close at 8:00 p.m. Cost is $8.00 in advance and $10.00 at the door. The students come for a good time to enjoy the company of fellow students.
Spirit Week Themes
Monday: SV Through the Years
- Seniors: 90's Dress
- Juniors: 70's Dress
- Sophomores: 50's
- Freshmen: 30's
- Teachers: 10's
Tuesday: Go Greek!
- Dress as a Greek Goddess, Frat, Sorority, etc.
Wednesday: Powder Puff or Favorite Sports Team Day
Thursday: Rapper vs. Rocker
Friday: SV Spirit Day
- Blue & Gold Day
Boo Grams: October 24-26, 2016
Boo Grams will be sold October 24-26 and delivered on October 28.
Haunted Hallways: October 27, 2016
Haunted Hallways and Trunk-or-Treat is on Thursday, October 27 at 6:00 p.m. Admission is canned food. The Haunted Hallways will be located in the high school hallway and the Trunk-or-Treat will be located in the SVHS parking lot.
Blood Drive: November 9, 2016 & March 13, 2017
The fall Blood Drive was held on Wednesday, November 9 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. We will have another blood drive on Monday, March 13. Those who would like to schedule an appointment and either have a Red Cross account or don't mind making one can schedule their appointment online at www.redcrossblood.org. Search for our drive and make an appointment once signed in.You can also make an appointment by phone at 1-800-733-2767.
Valentine's Grams: February 6-10, 2016
Field Day: May 5, 2017