- Engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions.
- Understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics.
- Present information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the practices and perspectives of the culture studied.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the products and perspectives of the culture studied.
- Reinforce and further their knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language.
- Acquire information and recognize the distinctive viewpoints that are only available through the foreign language and its cultures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the nature of language through comparisons of the language studied and their own.
- Demonstrate understanding of the concept of culture through comparisons of the cultures studied and their own.
- Students use the language both within and beyond the school setting.
- Students show evidence of becoming life-long learners by using the language for personal enjoyment and enrichment.