Social Studies Department
- Utilize the tools of social studies inquiry (documents, maps, statistics, etc.).
- Identify people, places, and events that define geography and history.
- Examine various world cultures and how this diversity has made an impact on the world today.
- Investigate and evaluate the evolution of government systems in the United States and the world.
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of citizens of the United States.
- Give examples of global connections affecting cultural, economic, and political factors in history.
- Evaluate how science and technology have affected society.
- Differentiate between world economic systems.
- Demonstrate how individuals, groups, and institutions have affected society.
College Credit Courses
1818 ACC American History
1818 ACC Western Civilizations
9th World Cultures
10th World History
11th American History